Instagram

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 9. Lonepine's Koala Santuary, South Bank, Queen's street - Brisbane, AU

17th March 2012, Friday

I'm counting down. 2 days left to spend in AU! I couldn't believe my holidays were going to be over! That is practically what everyone would say.

In the morning, we headed off to see koalas~ Koala, koala~~ at the Lone Pine Santuary. Gosh, there were a lot of Wallabies. And in fact they were rather smelly too. And a lot of shit scattered all around the green field. If one is not careful, they may just step onto them. Oops~

And it also featured the most koalas over there. There were a lot of koalas, and its where I took my photos with the koala. I was contemplating to take, since it felt normal on the spot afterall. Want to carry, no? Well, since I'm there, just carry I guess, its the signature shot in AU.

We spent a great amount of time over there, before heading to University of Queensland (UQ). Was it just me or what? It felt so asian. University campus, awwww. I missed those times. Full - time. Of course, its just opportunity costs. King said they had a famous pizza shop in UQ, and its a must try. Its indeed delicious. The pizza texture was similar to Skinny Pizza back at home. Yum.

Then we boarded their city cat. Its a ferry ride apparently and it linked up the whole city by the river which included UQ. And it seemed to be a service which faciliated a lot of students there. We dropped off at South Bank and did shopping. Hmmm, don't ask me about shopping, I know nuts, especially in AU. In Hong Kong or Taiwan, perhaps I would still be quite excited because at least I know what to expect. But in the end, unexpectedly I bought 2 pieces of clothes, but that amount was equivalent to a few shopping pieces that Sb had bought. Oops. But if I didn't bring it back, I would regret. So I bought. What a pair of wicked eyes I had.

Sigh, and I went back to QPAC on the way to refund my musical ticket for Bombshell. A pity though, I thought I would be able to catch a musical here in Brisbane.

It was the night Sb was going to leave already. We had beef steak, with King and his friends. Expensive! But it was really juicy, thick, sweet. Accompanied with the mushroom sauce, it was really tasty. Me and Sb just shared, because the portion was quite big, and anyways.. we knew that we were going for supper... >.< King really squeezed our time to make everything possible for us man. Thanksssssssssssssssssss. ^-^*~V

Supper was at Three Monkeys cafe. Oh my gosh. So crowded. I had chai tea latte, while sb had mocha? or latte. I couldn't remember. (hey, I only started to recap it like now, when my trip is all the way back in Mar...) The cakes were yummy.

Then we wheezed sb off to the airport. Hugs and kisses. I was pretty sad to see her off. Suddenly. I wrote her a postcard. It was good that my trip was with her though. No idea why, but I gotta give her lots of thankkewsss. Without her initiating to me the trip, I wouldn't be here. I would be well off to somewhere else definitely. I could still remember her casual mentions about her plans to go AU alone. Sauntering along Robertson Quay with our Mr ong. Hahaha. Mr Ong and I were like, what? You?! Alone..? What a load of rubbish talk we all had that time at Hummerston. But soon everything was into plans. From her taking her own sweet time to plan initially, my sudden involvement prompted her to hasten her footsteps and put it into action. I guess. Motivation helps. Till today, I would think, 'Why did she mention to me that time?' hmmM~ it felt great. Of course our friendship leaped by bounds. Closer bonding nowadays, albeit ours were of a different style, she was more wild externally, but I was more wild internally. Different wildness I would say. Strangely we clicked well.

Anyways. Tomorrow would be my turn to fly. Awww.

No comments:

Post a Comment