Instagram

Friday, July 6, 2012

Failure and Success

Something I had written as a survey for my friend. As all my thoughts flowed together and I pieced them up, I realised that it had become a long essay, in which my friend exclaimed that he only required a super short paragraph only. Would just want to share my thoughts here since I had written it, and lets not waste it!

Failure. What is failure? I’m more of the latter; I believe that failure is a process that would lead me to success. Personally in my opinion, failure and success is only a thin veil apart. There was an illustration I saw before. 2 people are digging the underground for diamonds. One gave up, but little did he know that upon another few burrows, diamonds would be trickling out, while the other one is still digging on. This indicates that the person who did not give up will meet his success if he could overcome his failure feeling, and the person who gave up has clearly overlooked success as a very easy factor to achieve. It is an evident example which supports my statement above. Failure and success are intricately linked; you will meet success if you are capable of coping with failure, vice versa, you will hit failure when you overlook success.

For instance. Being in a situation of work and study, everyone says it’s not easy to juggle both and it is indeed true to an extent because a lot of time management is required. Failure looms around us all the time and we are easily deterred by the surrounding distractions that will cause us failure. However, the failure could become a huge motivational springboard (strength) if we are able to overlook the fact that we are constantly lacking of time, and by thinking, “Since I have lesser time to complete my studies and I know I will fail, I have to start my studying earlier and complete my semester. Let’s just do it.” 

Everyone has their own strength. And everyone has a different capability of achieving what we want in life. Some can tolerate and handle people’s relationships well. Others just could not control their emotions and feel so mentally weak that they could just cry on the streets while walking home one day.

Likewise, this also applies to our work and studies as well. True enough, it does get a little depressing; we are all human being and our emotions run when we do not get the appraisal or the results we had hoped for. Is that a failure? I think this is a very subjective answer. Everyone deems it differently. To be honest, I think this is not about a right or wrong (i.e. failure or not), it is my own process of growing up to be a better man, and being able to deal with my current issue would mean I will have the courage to face some other more imperative issues in future.

Lastly to conclude, I’ve always believed failure is inevitable. To me, a real failure is when we do not learn anything from our failure and continuously to attempt the same mistake once again. Subsequently, we then complain about the mistakes we had made and how hard it is to move on, when the issue is that, have we learnt to cut corners and avoid the problem in future?

No comments:

Post a Comment