Instagram

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hey Lady, can you cook, or can you not cook?

Recently, I've have been hearing a lot of people telling me ladies can't cook nowadays. *My topic here all refers to most ladies generally can't cook, not all.* At first I brushed it off, as in well, yes I know, a lot of young ladies are busy to cook. For me, I am able to cook a little. Not too well. But just enough to get by.

It started off with friends from Tasmania telling me that ladies can't cook and another friend from Brisbane lamenting the same thing. That was the initial first few times I have heard people commenting on that this year. But I thought, perhaps its because they are in overseas and in such an environment they have to learn. Not a choice given. Guys / ladies in overseas. Somehow different eh? Because of the overseas experience they are more jaded?

I am so wrong.

Lately, my university mate whom I had been in contact with these few months also mentioned that ladies can't cook! OMG. That really caught me by surprise. Why is he saying this too? By the way, we had known each other during university times for 2 years, but only up till now then I deeply realised I had mistook his age. I have all along thought he's only two years older. I'm 89'yr, by right he should be 87'yr isn't it. But no, turns out he's 85'yr, 4 years older! Arghh the ignorant me. 4 years down the road, after we had graduated 2 years later then I realised this grave mistake. 

Grrr, I guessed I really breezed through my university years, without having a deep connection with my uni mates. Or prolly he looks youthful. Aww those were the days. But he's good. Because right now, career wise, his resume is totally WOW. I'm impressed. Back in the uni days I was already impressed. But now I'm even more impressed. Using 3 times of impressed, is that too exaggerating? But one thing I can conclude, he really works very hard. I admire.

And what's with the topic nowadays? Why is this topic becoming so commonly discussed? Even my male colleague also laughed that we ladies can't cook. OH DEAR.

Furthermore, something I had realised in common for all my friends who had made those comments above.
THEY ALL CAN COOK. DECENTLY WELL.

And... I just came accross a blog, and she blogged about a korean friend being warned not to marry Singaporean ladies because they generally don't / can't cook.

Oh man. What the f. So. what. now. I better whip up my cooking skills before I leave for Korea. One month to brush up my driving and cooking skills. I think. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment