Instagram

Monday, May 19, 2014

Social gathering meet up

18th May 2014, Sunday

Omg omg omg . I can't believe I did it.

I organised a social gathering for my friends. It was a meet up about 12 friends, from different areas and industries. But mostly was related to korean language.

It all seemed too magical to me. From just vague talks with Chenyan spurred a series of contacting friends up and asking if they would be interested to join the gathering, to crystallising the venue and date.

No doubt I had once again challenged myself. I'm very shy when coming to such things, I wouldn't know who to call. In the end surprisingly the friends I had called up agreed without hesitation. I am really grateful. And everyone turned out to be so sociable with each other. Im really thankful.

Friends who turned up were Daniela (from ecuador, thanks for coming!) Jackie (thankssss so much for coming toooo I didn't know you just went for reservist and just returned on friday night only!) Lis and her friend Linda, Benjamin (luckily it was quite okay for him and he didn't feel left out, he is a very shy person), Chenyan and her three friends, adam and his friend xiu ming.

Frankly speaking I felt stressed the moment I woke up on sunday morning. I am quite worried about how it would turn out, whether my friends can mingle together, etc. All are my good friends and I hope that they can get along well as well.

Plus I was worried if the food will be sufficient and enough. It seems that I was the only one worrying.

The objective is to widen our social circle and make more friends. I hope I did reasonably okay and made my friends comfortable with each other.

Didn't take any photos as I thought maybe its not very polite to take one when its everyone first gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment