Instagram

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Australia holiday trip 2012 ~ 6th Mar to 18th Mar.


I realised that I didn't even write a proper introduction to my Aussie trip, before writing the contents. This time round, my writing is scattered all over the place. Bits and pieces of what I've experienced in Aussie. Instead of writing the coherent day trips I've had had during the holidays. Anyways here's the intro before I forget.

It was really fun! I spent a little more than a month, perhaps only 5 to 6 weeks of planning in full for this trip. As mentioned it was really a hastily planned one, since I had hopped onto the ship last minute. Really impromptu, without any consideration, my brain just said go and I went ahead to liaise with my friend 2-3 days after when she initially mentioned to me on a dinner date.

Unlike last time where I had 3 months ahead to plan my trip to Korea, this time frame was really short for me. Furthermore its not to Hong Kong or anywhere near, its to Aussie for 11 days. Discussing which period to fly with my friend and booking the international and domestic air tickets. Deciding our travel plan all took time. And so 3 weeks were gone. Left 3 more weeks. To be exact its 2 weeks, since the last week I would be having school already.

Complications arise because she and I fly separately. We visited different places. She left for Melbourne and I left for Tasmania, before meeting halfway at Gold Coast and traveling together to Brisbane. We also could not come to travel to a same schedule together, so in the end, and I left a day earlier than her and a day later back home. And then we had to decide where to visit first. Gold coast & Brisbane to visit first or last? But she wanted to visit Melbourne first, so I just adjusted to her. And luckily she was able to travel within the time frame that I wanted~

And therefore my schedule was SG > Melb (transit) > Hobart (Tas) > Launceston (Tas) > Gold Coast > Brisbane > SG.

For a person who didn't even know how this country Australia looked like to start with, I tried my best to quickly immerse as much travel information as possible once my schedule was fixed. Time left was around 2 weeks. Left aussie visa, accomodation and tours booking, money exchange, luggage packing.

One problem solved and next up there were still more to come. Luckily my school haven't started. But still, with work obligation, I'm only left with the short evening to think about the trip everyday. Stressed. Especially planning my Tasmania trip. Where to head out alone? Which places to visit?

Then I remembered one of my study buddies Cinly has a friend studying in Aussie. Should I just try my luck to contact? Even though I think this friend might not remember me at all. We were just acquaintances. I didn't know what courage got into me that time and I really sent out a pm, and contacted Cinly thereafter. Being forced under the circumstances left me with no choice but to think forward and be brave I guess. But there was no further reply. I thought perhaps no hope.. its okay at least I tried and had no regrets. Sure enough, I could always travel alone at the end of the day, but its like since if I'm able to contact a friend or two over there, it would be even better isn't it.

Just then Cinly contacted me to go for her friend's steamboat, which I could perhaps get to see their housemates and know each other better. I could still remember she said, she has tried her best to link the line and help me, so the rest is up to me to decide. It was such a coincidence that night I had a yearly affair of an extended family new year dinner. I had to give it a miss for the first time but that opened up my opportunities for a higher chance of being able to liaise with them in Tasmania. And that's how I got to know Alvin and Jackie who were the ones studying in Tasmania. Jackie was the friend Cinly introduced to me, and then through Jackie, I knew Alvin. They were friendly. *clasp my fingers, thank goodness*

But that did not mean the end of story though. lol. Apparently the period I was to go would be the start of their school semesters. Which means it was NOT a good period for both parties. They would be studying and I would not be able to travel much. More planning ensued since I would have to crack my head to squeeze a period in which all of us could agree on. So. My final plan was.

07th Mar to 10th Mar - Hobart
10th Mar to 13th Mar - Launceston (weekend)
13th Mar to 18th Mar - Gold Coast & Brisbane.

At least during the weekend when I popped over, they wouldn't be schooling, I didn't dare to hope much, since their school sem would have started. To be honest, I had thought before, if I really didn't have a chance to meet up with them, that would be alright too. Is not that big of a problem. I would just book land tour all the way, sure it does cost more money but it solves the problem. But having said that, somehow the thinking of visiting fellow Singaporeans in a foreign country will make me feel at ease?? Haha I don't know.

Having decided the period I was to be in Launceston meant I would have to decide the suitable land tours to purchase for the days in Hobart. And why land tours in Tasmania? Because... its just not possible to travel alone in Tasmania, unlike other parts in Aussie like Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne. There was no subway. Forms of travel were either the city buses or cars. Being alone, its not worth to rent a car and drive around. So signing up for land tour would be the more feasible option, since I get to visit several places in a day. The money would be more well spent.

And to King. It was more of a breeze. Boon and I just planned between ourselves where to go for the days we would be in Gold coast and let him go through, see if he's able to accompany us. Brisbane - even more fantastic. Totally no plans. lol. Frankly speaking its because I've no idea where to head to either.

Then as everything got finalized, it left with me a week away from traveling. Just nice my school started and I was busy with school. A whole week of 7 classes straight, weekends burnt. Sounds sad but that's my life. Before I fly. And Aussie here I come!~
On the plane~
Transit at Melbourne.. Hoho holiday mood up up!
 Reaching Hobart!~
And into the city~ Weeeeeee~

No comments:

Post a Comment