Instagram

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WICKED, the musical

I thought I should write my thoughts about Wicked first before scribbling about Mary poppins. This March was the most satisfying thus far; I can't believe I actually achieved this much. 2 broadway musicals in a month, I feel like I could fly like Mary Poppins too.

- Watched WICKED in Sg
- Watched Mary Poppins in Brisbane (!!!)
- My Aussie trip
- Did sky dive in Gold coast
- Upcoming Penang Weekend Trip

1st March 2012, Thursday
Oh yes. Oh yes. I finally watched WICKED. Have always wanted to watch ever since last december, but all along we have never get to schedule a date down. Liz's departure for Korea accelerates our decision to really make time for a day to watch together. Not that we would require to cancel our appointments made in advance, but we made a point to set a date to watch together, admist my school, jo's work schedule, and liz's own activities.

The production was really good. Maybe because its a broadway musical, so the scale was larger. After the musical I had a slight discussion with Jo, regarding our local plays and these musicals. She said it can't be compared because they are of a different genre and cater to different audience in the first place.

More people were involved and the transitions were very smooth. The story flowed nicely and we were able to catch onto what would happen next. Songs were good and the main female lead sang very well. It was very touching when she sang her sad feelings out. The moments she was framed by the public on how wicked she is, when she is actually a very kind soul. Just because she can read spells, and is green in colour, everyone perceived her to be evil. Awwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment