Instagram

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 4. Launceston Sunday market, Fishing at Lowhead, Lowhead Lighthouse, Penguin watching - Tasmania, AU

12th March 2012, Sunday 

I slept well last night. One night's sleep fully all the way till the morning, without any interruptions in between. I could totally credit it to the blanket. Theirs was the kind specially for winter season, very warm. I felt good. Intentionally left the blinds slightly open last night, so the morning rays could seep through the window and across my face to wake me up instantaneously; a natural alarm clock for me. But just in case, I still left my alarm switched on. Somehow, in other people's house, I told myself I had to leave a good impression, no matter what. I don't have jojo unnie to wake me up! >.< 

7am. Woke up and washed up. I then went downstairs to peep around. Haha sounds wrong, but since I had nothing to do, I just made something to drink first. Everything was so quiet. Even back at home my house I'm sure it wasn't even this quiet at 3am. I don't know I'm just so not used to the quietness. Then I heard shuffling of noises. Oh Justin woke up. OMG. 7.30am. So early! *Gasp*

He sure is a independent kid, a 90'yr old kid coming to AU to study is a feat. Ah, but as compared I sure do have a 90'yr dongseng who had already completed her degree and is now in Korea to further her language studies. I don't know, it just feels that the young people nowadays are so hardworking. Or is it because that I lack that kind of energy anymore? I think so. Ahem, but I'm young toooo! Keke, I WILL have the energy~~~~

(On a sidenote, having just came back from the exams, somehow I still cannot conjure up a proper sentence, I do require more time to write. What was I writing about again?)

Sooner and later, all the house people were up, I think I would just refer them as the aussie family for short from now. We went to the Launceston sunday market. Its so much different from the Salamanca market, now to come think of it, the Salamanca market was so much more commercialized than the Launceston sunday market. The sunday market felt more like the sungei market back at home, but of course as compared the market 'quality' is definitely better; some of the new stuff were a steal; even the second-hand stuff were still so new. One thing I had noticed; the people were really living a slower life, they don't seem to care if they had earned enough for the day. Really, do they have enough bread to eat for the day? That was what I had been thinking while breezing through the market. A very homely market I would say, as compared to the Salamanca market, and I liked the food kiosks selling hot dogs, and the one selling the coffee. No why, I just liked. I should have taken more photos there. But when I'm there, I thought its sufficient for my eyes to absorb all that was available. But apparently not. 

Haha haha, after that we went to Lowhead for fishing. Sounds funny, the whole group of us and other people as well, total about 10 over people, but in the end only 1 fish was caught. But it wasn't really the season and I could credit it to that. Haha. They commented, during the winter season, they could catch a lot of fish. White cod somemore. My goodness, lucky. That was so expensive in sg.

Then I was whisked off to catch the lightpost at lowhead and the world's smallest penguins. I loved the sunset. How it made the sky looked so dramatic. Scenery by the lighthouse was good. And I still remembered we went to see some rocks by the ocean? All was at Lowhead. The rocks were a little red colour, so I supposed the rocks from the Bay of Fires could have been redder. But still they were lovely. For a period of time, they were washed by the ocean, thus because of the minerals, overtime the rocks formed the red colour.

It was quite a different experience for the penguin watching. We first sat at the penguin observatory deck to hear an explanation of the penguins, their special traits and characteristics. Then after that we proceeded to some other parts of the beach to see their homes. It was pretty interesting to hear about their mating process. If you have the chance you should go! Special mention about the penguins, they were really so cute! Small and only at the height of my limb, they made their way through clumsily, from the sea to where they stayed for the night. It was my first time seeing them from such close proximity (they brushed our feet, but we must stand still and not to move, to frighten them) and it was really amazing to see that. 
 
Luckily I wore enough because the seaside to catch the penguins in action was really so cold. By the way, I liked the weather over there seriously. Winter is so cold, and summer is so hot, so the only seasons left was spring and autumn. Not too hot and not too cold, and I'm able to dress up, this kind of weather suits me. I've expected it to be more colder, but nevertheless it was still alright. What I couldn't tahan was when I went Gold coast and Brisbane. It was still warm.

Pretty tired out for the day, the wind blew into my eyes and I had to constantly blink it to prevent it from drying. My face was blown by the cold wind until they were really icy cold. But it was shiok (i.e. wonderful), it had been so long ever since I had been to cold countries. I missed that feeling. 

And off I was to the next day ahead. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment