Instagram

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 6. Gold Coast, AU

14th March 2012, Tuesday

And so... Unknowingly half of my trip has passed. Its time for my next destination. I still could remember my feelings when I reached Tasmania on the first day. Everything felt slow. Relaxed and I could still decide what to do for the day! It was until the day tours kicked in and as well as reaching Launceston, time really flew like nobody's business. Oh time. 

I am really thankful for my accommodation in Launceston. Thanks to Alvin, Jackie and their family, I had lots of fun. I'll give you guys a good treat when you are back k! P.S. If timing allows and I'm also in SG. We will have to plan. Heh. I enjoyed the slow pace overall in AU. Initially I couldn't get used to it, the first obvious point was the internet connection. Nowadays everyone are connected. Even for a person like me, I'm considered quite okay not getting connected all the time. However upon reaching AU, because I didn't buy their prepaid card, I found it so hard to get used to the little connection in AU. A lot of places weren't offering free wireless as compared to back at home. My hostel even charged for wireless at an 'incredible' rate. It was so expensive. 

Today was really saying bye bye to Tasmania. Alvin and Jackie sent me to the airport and we bade farewell right in the morning. My gosh, these 3 days passed so fast! 3 days seemed to combine into 1 day only. Keep in touch, peeps. Do keep in contact when you guys are back in SG and lets go eat something good. You guys had given me such a memorable trip. Will keep me reminiscing for some time in future. Cheers. ;)

Off I was, taking the plane to Gold coast, transiting at Melbourne. Alas, because the plane wasn't able to reach in time in Melbourne (it delayed in Launceston), I missed my flight to Gold Coast and had to wait for the next flight. Supposedly to reach in Gold Coast at 1pm, I only reached at 4pm. Its okay. Made a call over to King and he laughed and laughed. 

He came to pick up Sb and they already had lunch when I arrived because it was rather late. I saw Sb! Hahahahahhaa. We were so excited when we saw each other. My goodness she looked gorgeous. Not drop dead gorgeous, but enough to make quite a couple of guys along the street to turn around. In contrast, I look like one japanese high school kid. HAHAHAHA. And I seem to come from winter, she seem to come from summer. Haha!~

After picking me up, we went straight to check in first. Room was pretty alright, and we were situated at Kirra coast, where its famous for surfing. We spent our time looking at the sunset. It was beautiful. The sun rays, albeit slowly made its way down, it still shone through the evenly cluttered clouds, combined with the blue skies. 

I actually had no idea what to do in Gold coast, unlike my friend, who was pretty determined to sun tan and do some surfboarding. I... really didn't know what to do. How to spend my time...? I didn't want to do any water sports.. the water was cold, it wasn't the right season. Hmmm.. I may consider to do some walking and shopping.. but in my mind I was thinking was there any other activities I could join? Checked out with the hostel reception, there seemed to be a whale watching! Hmm! Sounds interesting and I wanted to register for it. Unfortunately they mentioned it wasn't the season and had to be cancelled. 

King was then flipping through some brochure and I just peeped. Sky-diving. Mm. Mmmm. MMm! Sounds good. Come on man, I should just go for it! Sb and King looked at me in awe, 'are you sure' expression written on their faces. And I was like, yeah man why not. Since I had time, since I was free, since I had nothing to do. Lets just do it man. Little did I know... 

Night time, we went to have dinner at some western stall, and the portions were pretty huge. Burgers, salads... yummy!! After dinner we went back to the airport to rent a car to drive for tomorrow. Luckily the good thing was Kirra wasn't far from the airport, unlike surfers' paradise. Because King wasn't going to be here tomorrow to bring us around, we figured that we should rent a car to navigate around. It would be easier. Perhaps a little more expensive, but its more flexible than waiting for their buses. 

And that's was around it for the night. Sb and I had a drink downstairs below our hostel. I had white wine and she had a red wine. Cost quite cheap, only 3AUD per glass? And we shared our experience, she explored with Melbourne, Sydney (less than a day only, lol) and me with Tasmania. I was so surprised she took most of the photos with iPhone when she had a digital camera! Haiyo~~!! While chilling, we also had a small incident. No idea why, suddenly a group of kids broke through a car by smashing the windows and took a carton of beer, if I'm not wrong. We kinda freaked out, because it was playing directly in front of us. And I just told Sb, lets quickly finish our drink and get out of here. Haha.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's activities! A difference when I came from Tasmania was the busily Gold coast atmosphere. I could feel the slower movement in Tasmania. But the people were more relaxed in Tasmania. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment