Instagram

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 8. Byron Bay, Dreamworld, Brisbane AU

16 March 2012, Thursday

Very fast, one day down, another day down. Its my 8th day! We woke up at 4am. King woke us up. Seriously how did he manage to wake up so early using our phone alarms? I'm seriously impressed at people being able to wake up so early, because I'm one who cannot wake up early myself.

We prepared ourselves, and headed out. The weather was gloomy, and it was drizzling. I just noticed that our rooftop had windows to the sky! Its beautiful. Only that it was still dark. Pfft. It took around an hour plus to reach Byron Bay, and King mentioned that we probably would be late to catch the first sunrise. But the weather... it slightly drizzled.. and drizzled.. and drizzled..

Upon reaching, we hiked for a short distance. Hmmm really, we cannot see the sunrise. Due to the heavy fog, the 'salted egg' was covered in between the fog, and it had risen up. Weeee.

The lighthouse was pretty. Really nice, accompanied with the surrounding scenery. Its similar to the lowhead lighthouse, where the surrounding seas and the walkway to it were so comfortable to walk along and enjoy. Byron bay lighthouse was built beautifully, very victoria-like. A picture to go along~
Not processed yet. >.<
This picture was actually taken in a haste. Because suddenly the drizzle of rain, from little drops, became bigger and more. There were photo spot, so I fixed this camera on the spot and took together. Upon taking this precious shot, we all quickly rushed down the lighthouse to seek shelter. I was the last one, because I wanted to take more of the lighthouse.

It rained heavily. Luckily it stopped after some time, and all of us rushed back to the car. Had our breakfast at one of the cafe situated in Bryon Bay town. It was savory. Coffee was good!

Seriously, the days we were in Gold Coast, seemed to be gloomy, if not raining almost all the time. Whew, I told them luckily I did my sky diving yesterday! Because it was drizzling for the whole day. I'm really lucky. So far. I'm really thankful as well. Sometimes, during holidays, one just needs a tiny weeny luck to get through. Holiday luck, we call.

From Byron Bay, we went back to check out from our hostel, and went to Dreamworld. Alas, it was raining the whole day. Drizzling quite heavily, I would say. Then it made no sense to go Dreamworld anymore; a lot of rides weren't opened. And it also meant I would be drenched by the time I finished the rides. Awww... I took one picture of Dreamworld before we left. Goodbye Dreamworld. Will I be visiting you again? I've no idea. Because I don't know if I'll be visiting AU in the near future.

We then sped up to Brisbane straight. The moment we stepped into Brisbane, my feeling was, hmmm.. so was this Brisbane? Feels 'normal'. A little just like home. Checked in and then we just walked around in town, the man-made beach, the ferris wheel, and all the buildings around it, I had almost mistaken it for Sg. Hahahaha.

Night time King came to pick us up, and we had korean food cuisine at Madongsan. It was reallyyyy tasty. It had been a while since I had korean food and imagine I had it here in Brisbane. Couldn't forget the taste of the beef sashimi salad and the pork belly (Bo ssam). My impression of Brisbane was really food, food and more food. Haha. Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, supper.

Went to drink hot chocolate at La Dolce Vita. Oooh, its really yummy and left a very fragrant aftertaste. The chocolate was creamy but it would leave you craving for more. King said it was too thick for his taste, but to me and Sb it was fine.

All these hangout places seemed to be the ones the younger ones hang out at. And Brisbane is considered a city that ends later as compared to the other cities in AU (even though I'd never been to Sydney, Melbourne, but I'd heard the shops closed pretty early as compared).

A special mention: The YHA hostel at Brisbane was very clean. In fact really bright and clean. ^^

1 comment:

Agate said...

Beautiful blog. Thanks for sharing your experience. Last month i had visited Byron bay café, its coffee was great and food was amazing with affordable rates.

Post a Comment