Instagram

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 7. Kirra, Snapper Rocks, Surfers' Paradise, T1 Observation deck - Gold Coast, AU

15th March 2012, Wednesday

A night's rest, and we woke up in the morning, pretty early. The room was okay, mainly because we were able to take in King for tonight! Hahaha. We booked 2 singles room instead of the hostel room. So as to be able to accomodate King for the night. And when we went in, albeit small, but there was a queen size bed below and 2 single beds at the top bunk. Lucky! Because it meant King could have a whole queen bed by himself while we slept at the top.

King had some stuff to do for the day today, so with the car we had rented last night, we drove to an eatery cafe King had recommended for breakfast. Kirramisu. Not bad, it was good and tasted delicious! Expensive though, but the portions were huge. Ordered pancakes, and smoked salmon omelette. Yummmyyyy. The weather was drizzling, but then somehow it felt comfortable. In such a weather, it wasn't good for travelling but its best to just laze around and do nothing for the day. And that's what we had felt. Haha, but we couldn't! We needed some push, and finally we left our seats...

Drove to Snapper Rocks, and I would say that the sea view from there was the best in Gold Coast. The deep blue waters, were lovely. The strong breeze blew accross my face. Relaxing.

Actually before this I thought I would be able to do my sky diving. I thought in any weather it would be possible to do that. I forgot that weather was the crucial factor; if it rains, we wouldn't be able to jump. We drove back to our hostel to check if it was possible to do it anytime of the day today. The hostel people helped me to check and they mentioned maybe perhaps in the afternoon when the skies had cleared. But it could be possible that the jump had to be cancelled today as well if the weather turned gloomy. So that was why we went to Snappers' rocks first. It was relatively easy to drive in AU. The roads were simpler. My friend had a sore leg, so I drove. Better for her to rest well.

I heaved a sigh of relief when they told me I would be able to do the dive! YES!! It was my most anticipated activity of the day and it would be my biggest disappointment if I hadn't been able to accomplish it. And when the hostel crew drove me to the sky diving place, I frowned. It was just beside Kirramisu, where we had our breakfast earlier on! We sure didn't notice. Haha. It was just a small opening to the second floor.

The dive was expensive. But it was worth it to jump in Gold Coast because of the magnificent coastal skies and sea. 450AUD, with photos only. Several couple of people had jumped when the weather was good and were just back. My friend was rather excited for me, and I was asking her, do you want to jump too? Come lets jump! Haha. She wanted to do her surfboarding and sun tan, but apparently the sun wasn't good enough. Haha. Oh wells. A little funny that the initial me who did not even had anything to do had something to anticipate now, but my friend who had planned something for the day hadn't had the chance to fulfill it. ;)

In half an hours time, we were ready. Oh my gosh! Coming true!! Its realising! They briefed me, and the van came and drove us to the spot to take the aeroplane. I was still feeling alright, its just sitting inside the aeroplane; I seriously had no idea why I had felt so courageous that day. I was not nervous at all, and even joked around with the instructor. It really felt normal, sitting inside the aeroplane was just like the normal planes flying off. And I immersed myself in the wonderful views of Gold Coast.

Hoho, the main part was when the aeroplane started to stablise itself midair, and I knew it was going anytime now. The moment the door was pushed open, wow, the experience was really something I couldn't forget. That was when my nervousness kicked in, OMG OMG I'M REALLY JUMPING, was what I had thought in my mind. The jarring sounds of the aeroplane and the outside wind gushed in, the moment I was told to lift my leg out to step on the outside wing board of the aeroplane, hahahahaha! I looked down at the skies, it was such a lovely blue, and the clouds were so cute! Can I float among them??

Then came in my instructor's voice, "Now we are going to enjoy the jump! Relax and shout as loud as you can! Yeah!! Five, four three two one------------" I felt the momentum of the push, went out already! Hahaha. I made sure I opened my eyes wide wide. 10,000 feet above sea level, I jumped above the clouds, dived through them, and poof! I saw the gorgeous view of GC.

The andreline rush was the first 40 seconds. Hmmm, after that the parachute opened and I was pressured upwards, before floating down, slow and stable. A good 10 minutes of floating down, around the coast and taking pictures of it (Note: the instructor takes for you, not you holding a camera and snapping it away; we are not allowed to bring anything up). Needless for me to say anything more right, how fantastic the experience was. Hee hee.

Superb. :)

My friend was on the other side of the lane waiting for me, but I had to get back to their shop to get the equipment removed. She rented her surfboard. Then we went to surfers' paradise to visit the T1 Observation deck. Oh man, twice in a row I got to view such awesome coastal lines of GC. I'm in a lucky streak today.

At Surfers' paradise, we went to the beach. The beach was.. so so. Plus there weren't a lot of sun; in the end my friend wasn't able to do sun tan. Haha.

Feeling a little hungry, we had nachos at Hard Rock. Actually what's the special thing about Hard Rock? Isn't it just a restaurant? What made it so famous, opening it world wide now? The nachos was delicious. But some time later, when I was at the Penang's Hard Rock, the set meals doesn't taste that good. Hmmm...

Walked on, walked on. The shopping street seemed to be so deserted. Hahah. Its more of a row of restaurants but then all weren't opened and we were kind of hungry before we reached Hard Rock.

Skies darkened, and King contacted us, he was coming down! With his directions, we headed to a seafood store, which seemed to be rather popular with the locals as well as the tourists, we saw some Sg people eating there too. Had fish and chips, it was pretty fresh. Special mention: the Aioli sauce. Something like tar tar, but taste not quite similar. Its nice! Anything dipped with the Aioli sauce, was simply tasty. And I finally had my oysters there! Bought half a dozen and I had four while King had two. Hmm its really fresh. I should have eaten oysters in Hobart while I was there. I kept thinking, a dozen was too much for me, even for half a dozen, and there was no one to share with me. Sigh~ Thinking back, I should have proceed ahead to buy half a dozen to try. But its alright, I had it in Gc, I'm satisfied.

We went to return the car afterwards. Wanted to catch a what? movie watching from the car? Hmmm I cannot really remember the term to call it, but anyways it was raining. So its impossible to watch and we went back to our hostel and chill. Haha. We had a long hearty chat. It was so long ever since the three of us had gathered together to chit-chat. I don't know, but to me, 3 of us had kind of shared a friendship bond, the everyday travelling to school together and the little things like that. Both of us used to tease him often and laugh out loud in the mrt, with his hilarious reactions. An awesome catch up. Chat until we all fell asleep. And we had to wake up very early until the next morning. Because we were going to Byron Bay. Heh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment