Instagram

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 5. Launceston design museum, Royal Park, Automobile museum, Cataract Gorge, Seaport - Tasmania, AU

13th March 2012, Monday

I think I was pretty lucky. Today, in AU, was Labour day! Which meant that all working adults were on holiday and students did not have to go to school as well. That was too much of a coincidence because I did not see that coming. I was still thinking perhaps I would do some walking on my own in Launceston since the aussie family would be studying. I was pretty prepared, alas, today was a holiday.  

That wasn't bad, so to say, all in all, it was pretty good, I gotta to be thankful once again. Jackie was free to accompany me to the design museum and I must say I'm pretty fascinated at the designs using wood to craft out. To me, I'm not a design student and of course I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate, but coming to these stuffs, its a way of making me relaxed. Putting my mind away from school and work, was just some of the 'me' time I required, just like how I put my time into blogging all these 'me' thoughts out. Writing for who, nobody I would say, but I write solely for my own pleasure. Ah, and also to improve on my language. It certainly did. I read my writings a year ago and now; they felt different.

We then slowly sauntered our way to the Royal Park. Jackie said because it was a holiday, all the shops weren't opened. Good and bad. Haha. The Royal Park was so peaceful. Good for a read in the afternoon. Then we went to the automobile museum. Hahahaha. I liked the cars, I wished they were mine! So I could display them in my house. As if my house was that big. Pfft. 

I was being brought to their school, University of Tasmania (UTAS) since it was on the way. Interesting part about this was that this was converted from a train depot. The train depot was preserved and some parts of the area were refurbished for a school. And some parts were preserved as tourist attraction. Oooh.

Time really passed fast for the day, together with Clara and Justin, we were whisked off to the Cataract Gorge in Alvin's car. Whisked, I would say, and emphasized because I really felt that feeling. A moment I was here and the next moment I reached another place. Hahahahahaha. That car. The existence is already a wonder. I got to know it was a 1988 year car, or something like that?! My goodness and still working well there in Tasmania. Hmmm.

I liked the gorge. Did a little hiking, and reached to the viewing point. Beautiful. Sat on the chairlift too, enjoyed the high view! Is a must visit to the gorge, when you visit Launceston. I heard when there was a flood, the whole gorge was flooded. Can't imagine. Left me gaping a little. The gorge was pretty big, to be flooded like that meant the flood was pretty serious.
Last but not least... we went to the seaport for a fish and chips dinner.. Haha you would say its not again. But that's what they were famous for, even when I went to gold coast I had fish and chips also.. Guess what when I went back home, I didn't had any until recently a week ago. CMI la, the ones at Hans, bugis library. Actually what food was good at Hans? I would say, only their cakes and pastries and the beverages (i.e. coffee and tea) were good. The rest, so so, can eat only.

I liked the view at Seaport, that was the kind of view I was looking for when I was in Launceston. The unique view of the houses situated on the hills that created the picturesque hills of houses was what I was looking for. A night when we were driving back, I saw the night view of it and was deeply mesmerized. It was a view that was deeply carved into my mind. Still couldn't forget it till today. The lights in each houses are like the stars shining in the rich navy night. That was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment